The scope and planning for the second tranche of Allocatie 2.0 was confirmed during the NEDU General Meeting of Members on 14 July. Entry documentation, like the Project initiation document (PID), will be available by the end of this year. The technical Go live is scheduled for March 2023.
Towards collective smart meter allocation
The modified allocation process for small-scale electricity consumers is an integral part of the programme Allocatie 2.0. The sector wants to replace the existing profile-based method with collective smart meter allocation (cSMA). This means to-be-allocated volumes will be determined based on 15-minute consumption on all smart meters.
Working on temporary solution
During cSMA, regional grid operators have to perform allocation by reading smart meters and using the data. The basis for doing so must be incorporated into the new Energy Act (Energiewet 1.0). However, the Act is still not forthcoming and, because the current profile-based method is no longer sustainable, a temporary solution has been selected for the time being. The temporary solution involves determining dynamic profile fractions on a daily basis, based on metering data from a sample of smart meters. But this requires a data collection process which differs from the current metering campaign based on user profiles.
Topics Tranche 2
The new allocation process will be implemented in separate tranches over the next few years. Tranche 1 (Theme release 2021) is now fully up and running. Tranche 2 will address the following topics:
- required temporary solution for allocation with profile-based connections
- allocation for major consumers based on telemetry and small-scale consumers based on smart meter allocation
- settlement smart meter allocation
- the metering correction report 2.0
- determining standard annual volumes for input (SJI’s) and standard annual volumes for acquisition (SJA’s)
- XML messages for allocation
Issues in scope
The NEDU General Meeting of Members confirmed the following issues on 14 July:
- IC273 ‘Necessary temporary solution profile-based connections’ (with appendices B1, B2 & B3)
- IC256 ‘SJI & SJA 2.0’
- IC276 ‘Allocation of GV-TMT and KV-SMA per energy facility’
- IC253 ‘Expansion metering correction report’
The NEDU General Meeting of Members has identified the following so-called ‘T moments’ for the planning of the second tranche.
- T1 (supply documents like the PID, the Business Requirements Specifications (BRS) and message definitions): 15 December 2021
- T2’ (start Functional Acceptance Test (FAT) by lead group): 5 December 2022
- T2 (start User Acceptance Tests (GAT) by whole market): 2 January 2023
- Go live (technical): 18 March 2023